Tuesday, October 17, 2006

From the two stories given I made the mistake of reading the more boring one of the two which was "Sex, Lies & Advertising" by Gloria Steinem. I found it a boring story because the fact that it was written by a feminist and I didnt read the info that said that she was a feminist because if I had I would not have read it. Like most feminist she just complains on and on about advertising in magazines and how they portray women in a wrong and stereotypical way. She doesnt like the ads to be of women depressed because they have dirty laundry or moms going crazy because the kids are driving her crazy but she wants the ads to be about helpful womens products. I think she is full of it and is just the typical feminist who just blabs on and on about something pointless and try to make it seem like its important until someone else agrees with them. I'm glad I read most of this story ( I couldnt read the rest ) because now I know who Gloria Steinem is and if I ever come across another one of her stories or somethin about her on tv I will make sure to flip the page or change the channel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home